If you're even a little bit into fashion, the great thing about the change of seasons is that you get to change up your wardrobe. And if you can sew that means new projects to make. I shared a little sneak peek of Fall sewing plans on Instagram on Friday and then spent the rest of the weekend putting them in order, gathering supplies, creating a calendar and even cutting out a few garments. These plans aren't strictly autumnal as I can almost wear the same things all year round in sunny Socal. Rather, it's more a list of the things I want to make and be wearing in the coming months.
Fall Sewing Plans 2014
1. Tania Culottes // Red Blue Silk
2. Tap Shorts & Shell Top 2 Piece // Neon Orange Brocade
3. Drape Drape 2 No. 5 Skirt // Black Knit
4. Pencil Skirt & Shell Top 2 Piece // Yellow Floral
5. Eucalypt Blouse // Green Dot and Solid
6. Eucalypt Dress // Chambray
7. Hudson Pants // Sweater Knit
8. Woven Hudson Pants // Purple Print
9. BBW Knit Skirt // Black & Grey Stripe
10. Racerback Maxi Dress // Navy & Coral Striped Knit
OMG. That's a long list. I recently bought the Breakwater collection of patterns by Meghan Nielsen and can't wait to to sew them all up. Two out of the four on this list, one I'll share later this week and the fourth almost made this list but I thought it was getting too long. :) The list is roughly in the order that I plan to make them so, knock on wood, it all goes well.
I've made seasonal sewing plans before and it really is a great way to stay focused and productive. Do you have any sewing plans? Do you plan seasonally?