New clothes Vogue V8229

I've been busy working on projects this weekend, trying to finish WIPs.
Here, a little pattern drafting.
I tried out Vogue V8229 the sleeveless version with a remnant I bought a few years ago. I only had about half a yard so I made a shortened version without the flounce at the hem.

I took the opportunity to practice inserting an invisible zipper. First I used an invisible zipper foot I bought for 10 cents at the thrift store.
It didn't stitch close enough to the zipper teeth so I switched to my regular zipper foot. Using a pin helped push the zipper teeth out of the way. I was also having trouble getting the facing to align properly so I basted the zipper down then stitched.
Here's the finished result. It took such a long time and when I tried it on I found that I could slip it on without even using the zipper. I could take it in at the sides some but the loose fit is okay with me.I hand sewed the hem and facing which also took
forever. Then decided to attach some decoration to the neckline. I tried these wooden things.

But settled on some paillete style buttons from the load I bought last week.
Yea! I'm done! I liked the pattern. I think it's very easy but does require some time consuming hand stitching.