I bought the fabric for this dress on sale at JoAnn's. I think the pattern was on sale too and it just looked like a perfect match. It's a little hard to tell from the photo but there's a horizontal seam above the bust. I fussy cut the pieces placing the top of the bodice along the dark wide stripes and placing the dark stripes at the waist. I was trying for an optical illusion (the dark colors contract thing).
The pattern is really easy but slippery striped fabric is a hard to work with. I particularly had trouble making the darts line up straight. I eventually basted by hand and then sewed by machine. It was so frustrating and time-consuming. Then in the end I decided to remove the front darts anyway. Oh well. The only variation from the pattern is the back closure. Instead of a zipper I used fabric covered buttons and loops.