Mini Kasia Skirt

This skirt is a mini variation on the Kasia skirt pattern from BurdaStyle. I made this skirt once before, without making any changes. Since the first skirt I made was a little too tight, I made this a little larger. I also eliminated the waistband, using bias tape to finish the waistband and shortened the length.

I used a lining fabric for the front flap/pocket and probably should have added some interfacing. The buttons seem a little loose in the buttonholes. I bought the fabric at the thrift store and had very little to work with. I threw caution to the wind and cut a few pieces on the horizontal grain (as you may be able to see in the photo above). It came together pretty quickly and overall I'm pleased with the result. I'm excited for autumn and this skirt will fit in with my fall wardrobe.