Stripes and florals are both major trends for Spring 2013 and the only thing better than each separately is putting the two together. Here are some matchups to inspire your outfits this season.
1. Marc Jacobs Dégradé Floral Silk Crepe Top from Nordstrom
2. Kate Spade new york 'barry' silk blend skirt from Nordstrom
3. Floral Print Open Back Vest from TopShop
4. Raffia Stripe Pants from J.Crew
5. Twisted Stitch Open Neck Sweater and Toulouse Floral Short from J.Crew
6. Tapestry Floral Charlie Trousers from Anthropologie
7. Alexander Yamaguchi Boxy Stripe Tee from La Garconne
8. Stand in Awe Heel in Floral from ModCloth
Tips for Mixing Stripes and Florals
- Choose complementary color palettes like all yellows or all blues
- Make one item a neutral, like navy stripes or beige floral
- Play with patterned accessories
- Be brave and have fun!