I made a muslin (shown above) for these shorts back in September. I used a cheap cotton fabric and purchased bias binding. I followed the pattern exactly while making the muslin. Overall it was very easy, the hardest part being the bias binding on the sides. I love that I was able to purchase and download the pattern and just print it at home. Yay! for instant gratification. The fit of the shorts is great. Below is the back of the shorts and you can see they're a little roomier in the rear than the front. Just as it should be.
For this version of the shorts, I lengthened them a little bit and made a narrow hand-stitched hem instead of the bias binding. I thought a binding would be too thick on this thin, silky fabric. The fabric I used for these shorts is a lightweight, silky polyester. I just love, love, love the paisley print. When I saw the original vintage dress at the thrift store I just had to buy it because I loved the print so much even though it didn't fit me quite right.