After stitching, I cut the facing down the center and removed the basting stitches.
Next, I turned the facing to the wrong side and pressed flat (see above). The skirt was ready for the zipper.
The skirt is very comfortable and fits well (I cut a size 14). Instead of encasing the seams with binding, I serged the raw edges, saving a lot of time. I really love this skirt, especially the pockets, and would make it again.
For the blouse I used a lightweight sheer fabric that I bought as a remnant from the regular Michael Levine store. For the pattern, I used Simplicity 2892, view C without the bottom band. I've used this pattern a couple times before with success (View C, dress length and View D, dress length). I narrowed the shoulders and eliminated the facings. I finished the arm and neckholes with folded bias strips and a serger. I didn't do the best job on the edges because I was trying to hurry but I'm satisfied with the blouse.