I made this top last month using fabric I purchased at a thrift store. It's a lightweight synthetic and while I had planned to use it as a fun lining material, it was perfect for this bias cut stripe top. I adapted a Simplicity 2599
to incorporate a bias cut and an inset triangle in the front. I've used this pattern once before
I finished the armholes and neckline with bias binding and added braided fabric around the neckline.
To make the braids I made bias cut tubes and braided them together. The larger braids are made with larger tubes. I then sewed the braids on by hand to the top. I would have loved to do it by machine but couldn't figure out a way to make it invisible. Although it took quite a while sew on the braids, I'm really happy with the top.