I made this dress last week using the pattern Simplicity 2406 Cynthia Rowley. The fabric is a lightweight chambray I purchased downtown. I bought the piping at the Michael Levine bulk store, a big spool for about $3, and it worked out perfectly for this dress. You can't see the piping in the photos but it's white with a navy pinstripe diagonal stripe.
I added the piping around the sash, neckline, back slit, sleeve hem and sleeve opening. The facings are applied to the back, front and sleeves before those pieces are all put together so the piping around the neckline is not one continuous strip. It's not ideal but it worked. The sleeves are unlike any I've done before and I was nervous doing the piping. But, I followed the instructions (even when it seemed like it wouldn't work) and it did work out fine. The piping was tedious because I basted it to one side and then stitched two sides together; basically double the seams. I used a zipper foot when stitching with the piping and it worked really well.
One other change I made was to decrease the length of the slit down the center back. To do so, I just shortened the back facing (see above) and continued as instructed.
It's a pretty cute dress. The sleeves make it really unusual. Without the sash, the dress is pretty shapeless. A belt or sash is really necessary for a flattering look. I probably wouldn't make this view again but I'm thinking about making view C with the long sleeves. Depending on the fabric view C could work well as a work or casual dress.