I'm generally a very selfish sewist but when the holidays come around, I'm in the mood for giving. But still I have to admit it's always much easier to think of gifts for myself than gifts for others. So, if you're looking for a gift for your best sewing buddy or looking to build your own holiday wish list, I've created today's Holiday Gift Guide for Sewists. These gifts are affordable, stylish and also useful. Read on for all the details.
18 Holiday Gifts for Sewists
1. Enamel Pins These adorable pins for Colette are the perfect accessory for any handmade outfit. Go for the set of four or purchase just your favorites.
2. Embroidery Kit This folksy embroidery kit is perfect for the sewist looking to expand their skills with a new stitch craft.
3. Measuring Tape A classic tool for any garment sewing arsenal in a very classic style.
4. Mini Scissors Too. Too. Cute.
5. Sewing Shears These beautiful fabrics shears will make any sewist squeal with delight.
6. Sewing Happiness I love getting books for the holidays and this one by Sanae Ishida looks perfect for starting the year off inspired and happy.
7. Mug A pretty handcrafted mug to keep your tea or coffee drinking sewist company.
8. Hand Mask Pamper those hard working hands!
9. Mini Speaker Every sewing room needs tunes and this mini bluetooth speaker will fit in even the tiniest of sewing rooms.
10. Unbreakable Wine Glass And for your sewist friends who prefer vino to tea, an unbreakable, stemless wine glass will fit nicely on the sewing table. The stemless style will minimize spills and the unbreakable glass will decrease the risk of mess even further.
11. Full Moon Project Bag Kit This kit from A Verb for Keeping Warm will be fun to make and to use.
12. Hand Cream An essential for all hard working sewists.
13. Duckbill Applique Scissors These scissors are not only super fun(ny) looking but they are also great for trimming seams without risk of cutting the garment.
14. Constellations Pattern Book This book of astrological designs and sewing patterns from Fancy Tiger Crafts is definitely on my wish list this year. I love the subtle modern designs.
15. Magnetic Pin Catcher A must have for any sewist. Magnets not only keep pins tidy but they can quickly clean up pins that have spilled.
16. Leather Project Bag The most elegant way to take your small project on the road.
18. Retractable Measuring Tape This is especially handy for knitters but also great for sewists that like to keep their tools nice and tidy.
What's on your holiday wish list this year?